Trash & Recycling Schedules
Regular Collection Schedule - Monday and Thursday
Back door trash pick-up is scheduled for every Monday and Thursday. The men will pick up all cans/bags of trash per house at the back door; therefore, it is not necessary to place the containers on the curb. We urge you not to place your trash containers curbside, both for aesthetic and health reasons.
There is no trash collection on New Year’s Day, Good Friday, Thanksgiving and Christmas Day. Collection will be the following day if these holidays fall on a Monday or Thursday.
Heavy/BulkTrash Schedule - Thursday at curb. This includes yard waste. Please have the items curbside by 7:30 a.m. on collection day.
- Maximum of 2 heavy items on scheduled day
- Tree limbs must be less than 4 feet in length and 4 inches in diameter
- Bags must not exceed 35 lbs
- No container will be taken if larger than 40 gallon in size or its contents exceed 75 lbs
- Construction debris cannot be collected curbside.
- Unacceptable or hazardous items: paints, chemicals, batteries, motor oils, tires, automobile parts, etc. cannot be collected with household waste
Curbside Recycling Schedule – Wednesday at curbside by 7:00 a.m. The container should be at least 3/4 full.
Items Accepted for Recycling:
- Paper: (do not put in plastic bags, place in paper bag) carbonless forms, tissue role cores, clean pizza boxes, soda & beer boxes, envelopes, junk mail, paper bags, newspaper, magazines, catalogs, annual reports, shredded paper strips, telephone books, paper egg cartons, white, colored or fax paper.
- Metals: aluminum beverage cans, tin/steel food & pet food cans, aluminum foil, pie pans & trays, metal jar lids rinsed out prior to placing in recycling bin.
- Glass: (please rinse and drain glass as much as possible before placing out for pick up) household glass items purchased at grocery store such as jars, glass bottles, wine bottles, glass beer bottles etc; recycling will not accept window/door glass, glass plates, table glass or glass products used for placing cooked foods.
- Flattened Cardboard: corrugated cardboard boxes broken down, cereal, food, detergent, pet food etc.
- Plastic Containers: (please rinse and remove lid) bleach and detergent containers; butter and ice cream tubs; clean plastic flower pots; dish, shampoo, lotions; soap bottles; household cleaning containers; milk, juice & cooking oil jugs; soda & water bottles; yogurt cups & microwave trays; orange prescription pill bottles.
- Thin Plastic: grocery store bags, dry cleaning bags, produce bags, plastic sleeve from newspaper.
Not Accepted for Recycling:
- Batteries, biohazard, ceramic items or porcelain, computer parts, medical waste, wire coat hangers, Styrofoam
- Metals not accepted: paint and aerosol containers, pesticide & chemical containers, oil filters; syringes & needles
- Plastics not accepted: anti-freeze & motor oil containers, pesticide and chemical containers; plastics with no recycling symbol; toys
- Paper not accepted: disposable diapers, cereal box liners; food/seed bags; photographs; foil greeting cards, tissue paper; hardback books, foil gift wrap
Trash pickup is provided by V.F. Trash Service
For questions or problems, contact Maureen Barron at 713.302.6877